“I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
We invite you to light a virtual candle at St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church.
Upon entering an Orthodox church it is customary to light candles and offer prayers for one’s personal needs or that of a family member or friend. Candles are lit before icons as a sign of one’s faith and hope in God’s help that is always sent to all who turn to Him and His Saints with faith and prayers. In practice, when lighting a candle in Church the faithful usually make a small offering to the Church. By lighting a candle and offering a prayer, one enters into closer contact with the Church and her ministry to the faithful, invisibly warming the soul by the visible light of the candle.
Orthros: 9:00 AM | Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM
For your protection, our church is adhering to government laws & Archdiocese directions and protocols. When you enter the church:
- Forehead temperature will be taken.
- We will ask you for your contact information for tracing purposes.
- If you do not have a mask we will provide you with one.
- Gloves will be provided.
- We will provide Hand Sanitizer.
- Candles will be handed to you, monies may be left in the Pangari Slot.
- You will be seated by a Parish Council member. We will adhere to the 6-foot social distancing.
St. Spyridon Church relies on your support. We kindly ask you to consider mailing a donation or donating via the PayPal link below. Please help us to insure that our church will continue to thrive:
ST. SPYRIDON GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH
124 Wadsworth Avenue
New York, NY 10033
Phone: (212) 795-5870
Fax: (212) 795-4758